Peeking above a brick wall in Brunswick sits a modular home that creates a powerful contrast from the surrounding architecture.
The corner block site called for a design that would engage with the existing streetscape from multiple viewpoints. How the modular home read in elevation was very important to both the clients and the Modscape design team.
Inside the home’s shiny black exterior are bright and light internal spaces. An open-plan kitchen/living/dining effortlessly flows out into the garden and pool area thanks to a double-height wall of glazing. Meanwhile, an Enzie spiral staircase makes a striking statement and leads up to a mezzanine master suite, while upstairs, the city’s skyline is framed perfectly.
Black powder-coated, full-height, double-glazed windows open up the home to the backyard, extending the sense of space and gently marrying the indoors with the outdoors.
Understated finishes such as travertine silver tiles to the floor, a frameless glass balustrade and clean, white tones result in a contemporary, low maintenance finish. The result is a harmonious project that beautifully showcases the client’s eye for design and embodies the flexibility and practicalities of the Modscape modular solution.
“Our favourite feature is the light… The floor to ceiling windows allow us to have the landscape close and bring the outside in.”
Scott, Brunswick client
- Snow White 2-pac joinery
- Corian White Jasmine benchtop
- Travertine silver tiles in French Pattern to ground floor
- Marca Corona hexagonal tiles to bathroom floor
- Black powder-coated double-glazed windows
- Colorbond Diversaclad (Night Sky)
- Integrated Miele fridge
- V-ZUG appliances
- Blanco kitchen sink and mixer
- Freestanding bathroom vanity
- Pol bathroom fixtures (matt black)
- Lockwood door hardware throughout
- Mains power, water and sewer connections
- Water tank to toilets
- Mitsubishi air-conditioning bulkhead units
- Enzie spiral staircase
- Frameless glass balustrade
- Motorised blinds
- Walk-in pantry