NEW SOUTH WALES
This family home in Lane Cove, NSW beautifully embodies the practicalities of our modular house system by demonstrating that you don’t need a lot of modules to get a large amount of space.
The Sydney-based clients approached Modscape with a clear design brief and aesthetic – create a sustainable design that utilises an efficient use of modules to keep transport costs to a minimum, and respect and complement the existing elements of the site.
The resulting modular home maximises space in a humble and understated layout, taking cues from the original dwelling. The new modular home adheres to a similar footprint, incorporating existing elements including the sandstone footings.
Simple in form, the large 290sqm home is made up of only 4 housing modules. The bulk of the form is softened by timber battened screens and awnings, which provide privacy and sun protection and help add layers and texture to the façade.
The organisation of space is dictated not only by the efficiency of our modular system, but the functionality of the internal spaces and the client’s desire to have a clear separation between living and rest areas.
An open plan kitchen, living and dining effortlessly flows out onto a rear deck through a bank of floor-to-ceiling glass. The kitchen is visually and physically connected to the outdoor dining area thanks to a convenient buffet window – perfect for entertaining and long summer nights dining by the pool.
Highlight windows maximise light and aid natural cross ventilation, ensuring the home is as comfortable as it is bright.
This prefab house project is a demonstration of strong communication and coordination between our interstate clients and Modscape’s Melbourne team. And the result is a beautiful and functional family home to be enjoyed for many years to come.
- Whisper White 2-pack joinery
- Arte Domus Maximum Panel benchtop
- Calacatta marble splashback
- Signorino Grey Falda tiles (to bathroom floor)
- Signorino White Matt tiles (to bathroom walls)
- Havwood Quadro flooring used throughout (European oak)
- Natural anodised double-glazed windows and doors
- Pacific teak and James Hardie Scyon Stria cladding
- Integrated Miele fridge and freezer
- Meile and V-ZUG appliances
- Abey kitchen sink and mixer
- Astra Walker bathroom fixtures
- Lockwood door hardware throughout
- Fujitsu split systems used throughout
- Speed Heat underfloor heating